Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Paul-A-Final Project Proposal

I am planning to create a timeline of the energy used in my home for the past twenty years. The data will be based on the actual electric, gas and water bills from 1990 to 2010. In addition to data for the energy consumed there will also be lines on the graph showing costs for each of the utilities during this time period. Another line will show the heating degree day totals for each period in order to factor in the weather conditions that were prevalent at the time so that can be taken into consideration when looking at the ups and downs of energy usage. I will also be marking the columns of data showing time periods when I had renters in the house since that also will have a great effect on energy usage. Finally, I will be marking points of time when energy efficient products were installed: an energy efficient water heater, a new furnace and the installation of some energy efficient windows.
I am planning to add a graphic in the background that will show the configuration of the house and also a table with relevant data such as size, square footage, insulation etc. I am hoping that this project will give me a good idea of how my house has performed over the years, what I might expect for the future and where I could make improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment