Tuesday, June 14, 2011

EmilyW.R08

I wish there was a picture of this splendid rendering that seems to be a fairy tale to most of New York. It sounds beautiful but I can't really picture it from the description given in this article. I must say I'm glad I'm not an architect. I think finding a job in graphic design is hard enough and as the article put it..."unlike their lucky graphic designer cousins, architects can't show their clients a same size prototype with every detail in place". It must be incredibly hard to convince a city to let you build something.

Although I wouldn't want to be an architect I do love Daniel Burnham's quote, "make no small plans, for they have no magic to stir men's blood". This quote should probably be applied to everything in life. However, in my loyalty to my last post I must add, making plans shouldn't become your life. Achieving the plans you make should be your life. And that's what I intend to do. Get a Job! I can see it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment