Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Kate+D+R08

The title of this article, The Rendering and The Reality, made me think literally about my own renderings and realities. As a photographer embarking on a new project whether it is for a class or for a client I like to first write about my idea in a brainstorm session. Getting the ideas out and on to paper helps me to then sort through the ideas and decide which one/ones are worth pursuing. I’ve learned over the past few years of doing some freelance work that clients tend to like to hear about your final ideas before beginning the shoot. If I’m doing work for a client that’s usually where the rendering stops and the reality starts to take shape but when I’m making something for class I take the rendering one step further and start to sketch out a few ideas before I start the photo shoot. That tends to help me sort out which photos are going to be necessary to avoid redundancy and the length of shooting time. No matter how much writing and sketching I do though the final project almost always is slightly different than the initial rendering. When working in any sort of creative and artistic field it needs to be understood that the final project isn’t necessarily going to look exactly like the original idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment