Wednesday, June 15, 2011

KarenR_Final project proposal

For my final project, I will be creating prep charts for my family’s restaurant. These charts will layout how to stock the kitchen every morning. We have three refrigerated tables in our kitchen. Each of them has on top a cutting board to make food on and an opening where containers of ingredients are set in. Then below is a refrigerator with three shelves where we store back up ingredients. I want these charts to include what items need to be prepped, how much of each item to prep, what container each item should be in, and where to put each item after it is prepped. We are constantly selling new products and the demand for certain items changes seasonally. To accommodate these fluctuations, I will leave blank spaces in some places. My plan is to make a chart for each table. On each chart will be three diagrams, each one representing a shelf. I will show the layout of each shelf with a shape and color representing the different sized containers that belong on them. Next to each diagram will be a list of products that need to be stored on that shelf with a small icon next to it that is a smaller version of the icon on the diagram. On this list will also be how many containers of each ingredient to prep.

No comments:

Post a Comment