Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Andrew+M+Proposal

I originally wanted to do an interactive web based user interface, but I had so much fun with our first project that I plan on doing on info graphic instead.

My visual will contain demographic information on the cities of Milwaukee County spanning crime, income, education and age. These typical pieces of information will be compared to something more fun or unexpected. Currently I have plans to include McDonalds location and/or density for each city.

My goal is to draw an unexpected correlation between a piece of typical information such as income and how it relates to social trends, such as fast food density. Is there a trend for McDonals to setup locations in area with a particular income or education? My initial “interesting data source” was to show which television channels are viewed most in a particular city, but this data is not accessible to me.

I chose Milwaukee County because, most obviously, we are all familiar with the area, but also because I did not grow up here and I assumed every city in the county had similar demographic to the City of Milwaukee. I found this to be vary far fro the truth when I stared looking at city data.

No comments:

Post a Comment