Friday, June 17, 2011

Kate+D+R10

Saul’s article on learning at museums was interesting to me because I can identify with each type of learner. I have very rarely utilized a museum guide or audio tour but every time I have used one of these tools I feel I learned more than when I just read the labels. These tolls are in place to cater to the individual and to appeal to more people. I find that a lot of people don’t even like to go to museums for a variety of reasons, either they’re boring or creepy or just plain uninteresting. We all grow up going to museums on school field trips to see something in person that we had learned about and usually the most exciting part is the bus ride to get to said museum. We are put into groups with a chaperone and only allowed to see the exhibits pertaining to what we were learning about. But unlike when we were kids, as adults we are free to roam and decide for our self what we want to experience and how we want to experience it. I have a strong interest in photography, fibers, sculpture and installation art which has guided my interested when choosing a museum to visit and which exhibitions I would like to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment