Thursday, June 16, 2011

Rachel+H+Final Proposal

For my final project I want to create a large scale info graph by hand. I want to show alternate driving routes from various major cities in Wisconsin (Madison, Milwaukee, Green Bay, Kenosha, Appleton, etc.) or alternate routes for the areas that I personally frequent most. I haven't decided the final locations yet. I plan on using Google maps to come up with the fastest route and then I will calculate how many gallons of gas it takes and how much it will cost. Then I will come up with the alternate routes that perhaps take a half hour longer but maybe will save you gas money. I am interested to see if driving slower, even if taking a longer route, can save money. In some cases I am sure that time is more valuable than money so it will be interesting to see it all graphed out so you can make up your mind after knowing all of the facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment